What is A Beard and Mustache Transplant?
Beard and mustache transplantation is a procedure applied using the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique. Single and thin grafts (hair follicles) are collected from the back of the head where the hair is strongest. The collected grafts are planted in the gaps in the beard and mustache, using one of the DHI, SLIT or Sapphire techniques, in a way that best suits the facial features of the person. It is an application frequently preferred by people who do not have a beard or mustache or who have problems with partial shedding.
How is The Beard and Mustache Transplantation Applied?
- The beard, mustache density and amount needed by the person are determined.
- The active substance required for numbness is ınjected to the skin with a pressurized spray and the substance is expected to penetrate the skin.
- Hair follicles are taken one by one from the donor area with a micromotor. The donor area is the back of the head area where the hair is the densest. For this reason, this process is applied with extra care and precision. If more grafts are needed, extractıon is made with grafts taken from the chest or chin.
- Using one of the DHI, Sapphire or SLIT techniques, planting is performed at the most appropriate angle and frequency, in the direction of the growth of the beard-mustache.
- The transplanted beard and mustache begin to grow within 6 months. If there is a partial loss of beard and mustache, the process is completed in an average of 2-4 hours. After about 1 year, the natural, lively and desired beard-mustache appearance is achieved.